Saturday, December 02, 2006

Rafting in Rishikesh

I started another shawl and a pair of booties. I feel I am now at the stage where one has multiple projects on the needles. the pics of socks havent come out that good, will post them soon.




I am also planning to buy wooden knitting needles, I have found a place where they supply to stores, I will get them cheaper :).They are from Pony, and are made of rose wood. I have to try working on them. Till now I was scared using them, thought they will break or kids will break them. Now they kids are grown up and know that mummy’s knitting is not to be disturbed or pulled or played with


My hubby and his cousins had gone rafting at Rishikesh, and sadly :( I couldn’t go with them. It had been nice trip and boy they had fun.




Isnt it beautiful.

So was the Arti At the banks of Ganga at night. i have a recording but dont know how to upload it to the blogger --- will do some learning again !!! till then a picture will do, i guess. i was told one has to be there to really get the pleasure of the Arti. i wanna cry why didnt i go,



This sculpture of Lord Shiva is beautiful. the features are so well defined and boy he looks so handsome :))



Comments:
I love your pictures - that is where the men went rafting? It looks like a beautiful place to do it. The picture of the people at the Arti is a fantastic picture - I love pictures where you see lots of faces of people and there are wonderful faces in that picture. When people don't realize they are being photographed you get to see all the emotions play across a face and in people eyes. What exactly is an Arti though? :D

I came here from Knitters Review where I just wrote in you post about knitting in public - start out with something super simple and before you know it you won't think anything about it at all. You just have to get over the initial shyness.
 
What is the Arti ? I'd love some more information, especially about knitting in your part of the world.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?