Thursday, February 22, 2007

today is a good day for me

i had been postponing going to the market and getting things done, running chores and buying repairing etc, u know all sorts of small small things which don't take too much time but one doest feel like running around for that.

so yesterday i made a list of "must do jobs" and there were around 20 odd jobs i had to finish, out doors and indoors :-O.

i went to Rani Bagh, market abt 3 kms from home and took my mohair hanks and wool hanks to try out dying. i thought it will take time but this guy said he will give it to me in 10 mins. i choose the colors which i am not sure are good ones or not ( i am very bad in choosing colors, i have to always take help.) but it was nice to try, just try. i decided to get half of the hank to be dyed in one color and the other in two. the light color is not showing so good in sun light





but in little bit of shade, the color shows so good. I am not so sure of the blue colored one .... how things will come up in that. also what will i make of such less quantity, may be a spiral muffler !!!! i also think i need to read up about colors and learn a little more about mixing colors.




this is 2 ply pure wool, got it done in shades and boy the dye wala ( the person who was working with colors) did it so fast!!!! and his hands moved so cool and fast.... well its his job, someone sees us knitting esp who doesn't know knitting will think the same;-)





had been shopping for shawl pins too, with mohair i guess one would need light weight pins so here i was spending money again.




this one is really light and cute




sorry for the bad pic




i love this one




after coming picking up the kids from school, lunch and putting them for afternoon nap i got down to clean up a small room.... mostly used as storage place which had been overflowing with stuff and dirt and all the things which are not required and will never be used. and here is what i found. my needle work which i had done before my kids were born and at that time i was not into knitting so much. ( one of them is before my marriage)

this one is a gift for my mother in law i had give her before my marriage, on her birthday.( we live in Joint family... for those who would think what is it doing at ur place)



this one is my favourite. made two of these. my mother in law had seen this in my mom's house ( before my marriage and she liked it a lot, so did i) so there are two of these, on in my mom's place and one in our place.



this i made before a Diwali, for puja. must be about 8 yrs back.




all of these had been in this place becoz after the white wash we thought not to put anything on walls for a change. and they went into storage, soon to be forgotten.

my next mission is get few pics of the shops and market where i frequently go, craft and wool stores.

but today i still have to put my dry cleaned woolens in cupboard and the quilts are in the sun, have to put it in proper place along with lots of naphthalene. u cant store anything without that.

Comments:
I enjoyed reading your blog. Your needlework is beautiful!
Oh, what we accomplish Before Children (BC), but I wouldn't trade my children for more time. (smiling)
I'll come back often to see your newly finished UFO's.
Knit on.
Jeannie
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?