Monday, November 03, 2008

my bead work

i have been busy with three projects at a time :)
the lace Pi shawl is all done and now i have to make the edging lace... that is where i got bored and started a doily. ( shall come at it later )

this is how i worked on placing the beads ....

I bought plastic thread / string (whatever to name it)and threaded it through the knitted stitch where i wanted to place the bead.
(the pics are the best i could get ... the flash would give too bright photo and it got a little fuzzy for this close field)




And then u thread the bead, through the both ends of the string.




remove the stitch from the needle and push the bead lower,



put the stitch back on to the needle




and knit on to next stitch where u want to put the bead



I preferred the string to the crochet hook for one i couldn't find the right size through which I could put the beads and for second.... it just cost me Rs 5 for this :





I shall be taking more pics today of my Doily in and also the star throw i am working on. its going good so far and i still keep reminding myself about the deadline for my lace shawl to be 29th Nov... a wedding in our family. My hubby's cousin is getting married. Either i have to finish the shawl few days earlier... (blocking and all)so i can plan to wear it in before marriage functions.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?